12/11/10

Here we go...

So I'm ready to try my hand at this whole blogging thing. I'm not sure I have the patience, attention span, dedication to really do it justice, but I'm going to try my best. I've been messing around with the settings all night procrastinating coming up with the right way to start this off and I've finally settled on something. I'm going to copy. One of my good friends started their blog by writing 25 random facts about herself (shout out to Liz over at Gangl*icious - http://elizabethgangl.blogspot.com/) and that seems as good a way as any so here we go!

1. I was born in Missouri and have lived here all my life. I grew up in the suburbs outside of St. Louis, went to college in Columbia and then moved back in briefly with my mom before we drove each other crazy deciding it was best for me to get out on my own. I moved to St. Louis city after that and have lived here ever since. 
2. I played tennis competitively in middle school and high school but got burnt out and now only play on occasion.
3. The only regret I have from college is that I didn't stay there longer.
4. I can't stand the thought of drinking out of the same straw as someone else - even my husband.
5. My mom is my best friend.
6. I always wanted to live in a plantation home, but you can't always get what you want.
7. I'm beginning to realize that no matter how many years go by, you still don't feel like a grown up.
8. I'm a very convincing hypochondriac.
9. I HAVE to do things when I want to do them. Even if it means going to the gas station at 12:00 on a Tuesday night to get a Dr. Pepper or going to 4 different Targets to find what I'm looking for.
10. I surprised myself by not being one of those brides who enjoyed every minute of wedding planning.
11. I hate peas. And sausage.
12. I truly believe my best work is done when I've procrastinated to the very last minute possible.
13. I can't drink water when I'm hungover.
14. I would like to learn how to play the piano.
15. I go back and forth between wanting 2 kids, 3 kids and 1 kid and a boat with a lake house. I wish I didn't have to choose.
16. I miss taking naps.
17. It bothers me when people fall asleep before me and I'm not tired.
18. I CAN'T fall asleep if there is any noise.
19. One of my biggest pet peeves is sentences ending in prepositions. However, I will find myself ending sentences like this from time to time and for the life of me I can't figure out how to phrase the sentence a different way to fix it.
20. I wish I liked working out more at all.
21. The best thing about my husband is that he loves me for who I am and doesn't expect me to change.
22. I only like popcorn if it is stale.
23. I'm an only child. I take it as a compliment when people are surprised.
24. I studied abroad in Prauge one summer in college and it made me realize how much I need my family and friends.
25. I have bad taste in television shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment