12/21/10

Hubs Made Santa's Nice List

Well he at least made mine. Lately he's gone above and beyond his job of keeping me happy by doing the following:

1. He risked his life so our house could have Christmas lights. This may not seem like an extraordinary task, but let me tell you what...it was one thing after another that day. We didn't have a ladder tall enough to reach the second story of our house. But I HAD to have lights around our bedroom windows and hanging down from the eave (or else what's the point?). So, Hubs spent a good 45 minutes working on the screens that were painted and nailed shut on our windows so he could step out on the roof. Next issue - no outside outlet. So, he rigged up our mailbox so we could feed the wires through that and into our living room. Never mind that our front porch now looks like an obstacle course and I have to hide every time our mail lady comes because I just KNOW she hates us. And also never mind that now our living room has a definite draft at night due to the extension cord hanging out of our mailbox. Point is - lights are up! As you can tell from the pictures below... safety was our #1 priority. 


2. He came home early to save me from a spider. I know, I know... I should have you just killed it myself, but you weren't there! You didn't see it - it was HUGE. And I could tell its only mission in life was to bite me. I was on my way down to the basement to do laundry, TRYING to be a good wife and BAM. There it was. So I obviously spazzed and slammed my hand into the wall breaking the skin on my knuckle and simultaneously doing a spin move on the stairs leading to a minor case of whiplash. I bolted back up to the computer and IMMEDIATELY sent Hubs a message telling him he really needed to come home ASAP. He told me I was being ridiculous overreacting and said no way would the spider still be in that spot when he got there. Little did he know I had plans to stand at the top of the stairs with a can of Raid in one hand and a spatula in the other to make damn sure that thing didn't move. (I also may or may not have been wearing Hubs' tennis shoes so mine didn't get spider guts dirty in case I had to make a move). Thankfully, 45 minutes later Hubs walked in the door and just gave me this look like "you're too much" when he spotted me at the top of the stairs. Then he went down, killed it, came back up and told me that the dinner I was cooking smelled good. What a guy!

3. He inadvertently complimented my decorating skills without me even fishing for it. We were discussing the fact that a good friend of ours was moving in with her boyfriend. The conversation went a little something like this:

Hubs: They're definitely going to have to get used to the adjustments. 
Me: Was it really so bad when I moved in here??
Hubs: I mean... yea kind of. There was a lot to get used to.
Me: (sulking)
Hubs: But it does look a lot nicer now. Smells better too.

Merry Christmas to my wonderful husband! (Now let's see if he really reads this blog like he says he does...)

No comments:

Post a Comment