12/12/10

I wonder if Kate Middleton will have to write thank-you notes...

I mean... can you even imagine how many she'd have to write? Which brings up another question... what does one buy for a prince and princess? Are they registered somewhere? What do you buy someone that could live in a fully stocked castle? I'm tempted to send Kate and William a small gift and see what happens.

Anyway, Hubs and I got married on September 24. So I was we were fast approaching the 3 month deadline of needing to have thank you notes done when I finally started working on them a few weeks ago. I'd heard a lot of different guidelines on when you should have them completely finished by - 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year. I personally liked the 1 year 3 month option the best so I went with that. Let me tell you... if you have never written 150 thank you notes then you have haven't lived. Just kidding. I'm actually really jealous of you. Although, now that it's all over and I've regained feeling in my right hand again it doesn't seem all that bad. Thank you notes are a funny thing. I can't name one person that really likes writing them, yet it's something we all do. I totally get that its a nice way of showing gratitude for gifts and that its always fun to get mail from someone, but still. Hubs and I had the above conversation probably about 20 times while I was writing these notes. His solution was just to send a big email and blind copy everyone and just say "thanks for the gift!". However, I know my mother would have absolutely murdered me, so we went with the traditional route.

I really loved the thank you notes I ordered for the wedding. I got them from The Stationary Studio (http://www.thestationerystudio.com//) and they were just what I wanted. We ordered the Classic Monogram Border Flat Notecards and I would definitely recommend them to anyone in the market for thank you notes in bulk.


PS If I do end up sending a gift to the royal couple, I'll definitely let you know what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment