1/18/11

Umm... YUM. And I miss my heated seats.

Lately the Hubs and I have been branching out in our cooking. We both love to cook but we're fairly repetitive with our meals. Not to say that our faves aren't delish - they are, but I thought it was about time we added some new meals into the mix. We've been doing this for a few weeks now, but I haven't really had anything to write home about... until tonight. This. Is. Fantastic. 

Easy Mexican Chicken Crock-Pot Chowder
*Recipe courtesy of SparkRecipes

Ingredients:
  • 1 can Cream of chicken soup
  • 1 can of yellow corn
  • 1lb boneless, skinless chicken breast - chopped (we also used some leftover pulled chicken from a rotisserie we had bought for dinner the night before)
  • 1 can (4 oz) Fritos Jalapeno & Cheddar Cheese dip (in the chip aisle)
  • 1 can fat-free chicken broth
  • 1/2 cup canned green chilies
  • 1 cup light sour cream
  • Shredded Cheddar cheese
  • Chopped green scallions
Directions:
  1. Combine corn, cream of chicken, chicken broth, green chilies w/juice into crock-pot on low heat.
  2. Add chopped chicken to crock-pot and cook for 3-4 hours.
  3. After 3-4 hours, in a separate bowl, mix 1 cup of the crock-pot mix with the sour cream and cheese dip and mix well.
  4. Add the mixture to the crock-pot and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes. (We turned it up to high and cooked an additional 5 mins to warm it up).
  5. Top with shredded Cheddar cheese and scallions. (we didn't have the scallions this time because I was lazy I forgot about them, but I think they'd be good.)
I'll say it one more time. This. Is. Fantastic. Seriously - you should make it right now. Although you probably don't have that Frito dip so actually just put it on your meal plan for next week. You will not be sorry. The Hubs and I are currently enjoying our second bowl EACH right now.
Oh yea... I had to drive the Hubs car to work today and he does NOT have heated seats. I miss my seat warmers. Luckily, the reason for driving his car was that mine was at Best Buy getting a remote start installed. Yay! It was a Christmas present from the Hubs and while I'm thrilled at the thought of getting into a pre-heated car in the morning, I'm still trying to decide if it was a not-so-subtle hint to quit my you-know-what about the cold. 

Why are you still reading?

GO GET THE INGREDIENTS FOR THE CHOWDER!!!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds DELICIOUS! I find myself making so much mexican-ish meals lately but I can't help it! SO good!

    ReplyDelete